My First Day on the Job

Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2010 by sacul in
0

So yeah I started working in Sushi King yesterday. How was it ? In one word, tiring. I've been in hibernation for wayyy too long and doing all that work all of a sudden ran my batteries dry. But I'll get used to it. So what happened on my first day, well, Matthew dropped by, and he ended up being the first customer I took an order from, so I did ease my nervousness. Plus, he may be the only tipper I ever get. I had only one fussy customer who asked for hot green tea. In sushi king, we have a choice of hot or cold green tea, and she wanted hot. But apparently, the green tea I poured her was not hot enough, luckily there was a new batch being made so it was alright. In Sushi King, you get as many refills of green tea as you want, so you gotta go around asking people whose cups look empty if they want some. I asked this one guy, whose english was particularly bad if we wanted a refill. He stared at me, and then passed me his plate. Working for long hours can be particularly stressful though, mainly because Sushi King is almost always packed. There are these two annoying twins who are wayy to serious. Theresa was def annoyed with them and may have wanted to stab them with one of the large knives in the kitchen =p One thing I learnt from my first day, it's never a wrong time for sushi. The restaurant was only quite empty from 4-5. Other than that, Sushi King was always quite packed, and on occasions, full. I mean, if people love raw fish that much, go to the market and buy some fish, go home, cut it up and eat it. It's already quite a handful on a weekday, so I fear to think what a weekend crowd would be like. Plus, Chinese New Year is right around the corner, so expect Sushi King to be fully packed. God help me.

0 comments: