From Paris With Love

Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 by sacul in
0

I was never planning to watch this movie. I was never looking forward to it. Basically, this movie could've slapped me twice over and I wouldn't have noticed. But we we bored. We had no choice. We had to watch this movie as there was nothing else to do. But I guess it was fate. Because we were meant to watch this movie. It was DESTINY. Let me just say From Paris With Love is an amazing, testosterone fuelled, swear filled, and just plain fucking good movie (The word fuck and motherfuck comes up ALOT in the movie, so much so that i capped the word 'ALOT'). The premise of the movie is simple. This plain old joe, who hates his jobs and wants a promotion (mind you, his job is spy-ish, but he changes number plates, that's like having a football-ish job but all you do is cut the grass on the field) finally gets it and it's not what he expects. The story for this movie is rubbish. I mean, it's there but it never really captures your attention, kind of like a new Pamela Anderson sex tape. The reason this movie really shines is because of the awesome acting of John Travolta. If the Oscars weren't made of of movies that made you sleepy and actually interesting, he would've won best actor for sure, but alas, that's not the case. John acts as agent Wax, this bad ass guy who goes around killing bad guys, swearing so much every censor that saw the movie got a stroke, banging anything that moved, and has a tendancy to never be shot by the hundreds of bullets that are shot at him. The scene where he is caught up with customs is hysterical. The action never dies off and you are either constantly laughing or caught up witht he action scenes, which were extremely well choreographed. If you weren't, check if you actually had a pulse. It really can't be described, the magnitude of Travolta's supreme acting, which carried te movie from Meh, to OMGHOLYSHITWHOAAAA. The movie did carry a message too.There were a few sub messages such as 'Guns are a men's best friend, screw diamonds', 'Swear until the sun goes down and comes up again', 'Shave your head bald, 'Earrings are awesome' , but the main one was 'Love is a bitch'. If you haven't seen this movie, which I'm guessing is a high probability (I guess because I never studied this chapter of Maths in school), go watch it now. I don't care if you're studying, ding your homework, eating, or wanking (You know who you are), get a ticket and watch it. If your deciding between this and The Book of Eli, watch this, because making a movie abut a book is like making a videogame about homework, fuck yeah (Who says movies have a bad influence on people?). I can't seem to be able to put up those nifty rating numbers I usually do, but meh. I'l give this movie an 11. Yes an 11. Why ? Because I can, that's why. You'll absolutely loves this movie. Now go watch it.

0 comments: