MTV World Stage Live 09 (Part 2)

Posted: Sunday, August 30, 2009 by sacul in
0


THE ALL AMERICAN REJECTS

And then, there were two. The next band to take the stage were none other than the All American Rejects. There wasn't a doubt in anybody's mind that they had the most support, based on the amount of screaming they received, mostly from girls, some from guys, none form me. Hype was reaching fever pitch as Tyson and the rest of the band who's name you do not know and are less important took the stage. Sadly tho, their set was a mighty big letdown. Maybe it was because the expectations but on AAR were so immensely high that Yelena Isinbayeva (pole vaulter) herself could not reach it, or maybe it was because the hot girl the once stood beside me was now gone (blame hormones), and replaced with a malay guy who jumped to the best like a retarded lunatic(people like that DO exist). To start things off, Tyson sported a lime green singlet. This would have been awesome had Tyson been as buff as me, but something about those scrawny, tattoo clad arms of his made me squeal (oink). For some reason, the stage lighting during their performance was also a tad bit off, excluding 'Gives You Hell' which was amazing. AAR also did not perform 'Move Along', a killer blow to their overall performance in my opinion. Finally, Tyson decided to climb 'that metal thing' next to the stage too, just as Martin Johnson from Boys Like Girls did. But, he did not climb as high, shaming 'that metal thing' next to the stage climbers everywhere. Oh, and Tyson isn't as hot as Martin Johnson. No, I am not gay, I just have an opinion.

You'll love
  • Gives You Hell
  • An Overall Solid Performance
  • The crowd which went absolutely bonkers
You'll hate
  • No 'Move Along'
  • AAR did not live up to their lofty expectations
  • Tyson sporting a lime green singlet. Ugh.



KASABIAN
Well then, it came to the penultimate performance of the evening. My watch said it was 10.20 p.m. Was I tired after 6 hours of standing/jumping/staring at the hot girl who once stood next to me? Not one bit. To my utter shock, loads of people started leaving after AAR had finished their set(and by shock , I mean totally expected). Us narrow minded Malaysian(By 'us' I mean you) probably did not know who Kasabian were, and probably did not understand Tom's (lead singer) opening statement, not because it was in english tho, no. Tom simply said " I'm still alive", cause he had contracted Swine Flu In Japan earlier in the week. For those who left, I say good day to you, because you missed one hell of a performance. I already said Raygun were the overall best performance of the evening, simply because they catered to everyones taste. But for all you rock heads out there (if you literally have a rock for a head, my condolences to you), Kasabian were undoubtedly the best. Two of their 5 set performance were in the top 3 performances of the evening. My pick was 'Underdog' and 'Clubfoot'. Either one of the two was better than the entire AAR performance. I ,sadly, missed their encore performance(yes, they were that good) because I had left my bag in a friend's car, one who left early. But Kasabian truly capped off an amazing concert with a stunning, mind boggling and just plain crazyhypersuperomgwow good performance. Hats off to you Kasabian, you rocked. Yes Theresa, you were right.

You'll love
  • Clubfoot and Underdog
  • A stunning rock-esque performance
  • The best performance of the evening (for rock-heads)
You'll hate
  • Can't think of anything, hold on
  • Nope, still nothing
  • Meh, I give up

0 comments: